In the MTC - Sam is kneeling down in front on the left pointing to the Ivory Coast in West Africa

Saturday, December 12, 2009

December 14, 2009

Wow, finally! Today is not a good day for email so sorry if this is a little short!

First off, I'll let you know what I've heard about the christmas call. According to Elder and Sister Leavitt, it is very difficult to get a call through on the actual christmas day so they suggest that we do it either the 23rd or 24th. So I was thinking maybe the 23rd at 7pm here, about noon there? What do ya think? They said usually the family back home buys phone cards (the Blacks knew some good website to buy them for Africa) and then you'll just call my cell phone when we decide.

Also, this week we got the good news that on Friday Togo is going to become its own district! (Before it was in the Mission Cote Divoire District). So president is going to get here this friday and all the members in togo will come to Hedzranawoe to organize the district (call a presidency and everything). So that is pretty exciting. The church is really coming along here in Togo, its great to see. We're expecting to have Zone Conference at the same time, maybe this Saturday, so I'll probably be able to update you next week on any changes.

This week was just another awesome week to be a missionary. Elder Halterman and I continue to be blessed in our area with success. We were able to get all six of our canidates baptized and confirmed without too much stress. In addition, the members here and our investigators continue to help us, and this last week we also found 15 new investigators. I've been in Hedzranawoe for about 4 and a half months now but I really dont wanna leave yet! We have another possible four or five conidates we are preparing for the 26th, I love the branch and I love Elder Halterman too, we get a long great. It will be a sad day if I leave this zone conference, but I guess that's the mission.

Anyway, i'm still just looking forward to christmas. It looks like President Ayekoue and the Couple will be in Benin for Christmas day, so I'm not sure exactly what the missionaries will do here, maybe we'll just go out to eat together after working half the day. It'll be nice whatever we do. I'm looking forward to talking to all of you! I love you all!

Elder Bertoch

PS The chocolate got here just fine! It wasnt melted and then I just kept it in the fridge! It was delicious!

PPS Haha I send my emails to whatever account you write me on mom! The last two times you've written from dad's account!

No comments:

Post a Comment