In the MTC - Sam is kneeling down in front on the left pointing to the Ivory Coast in West Africa

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

August 30, 2010

Well, Sam's already got a new companion and he may be sending pictures next week, so stay tuned. We received another update on Elder Leavitt and it turns out he needs a knee replacement, so they will have to be released as missionaries. They were hoping to be reassigned, but the recovery for the knee will take too long.

Hey everyone!


Another good week gone by! Me and Elder Boty worked and set a lot of baptismal dates so now we have about seven fixed for the moment. Two SHOULD get baptized this week and the other five later this month. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Other than that nothing too exciting happened this week. I had fun working hard and me and Elder Boty have really started to work well together. Which is actually too bad because he just got transferred today. This area was actually pretty hard for him because he grew up here until about 2007. So everyday we would run into his old friends or teachers or cousins or something. But now hes in a different zone. My new companion's name is Elder Aiba. Hes also Ivorien. I can tell already that he is a really good missionary. Hes been on his mission for about 11 months. In his old area he was district leader too. I actually have a pretty strong feeling that he is here to replace me, a lot of missionaries finish their missions this month (including Elder Bowman) so i wouldnt be surprised if I get transferred in about three weeks but we'll see. I'll enjoy it here while i can- the ward here is very focused on missionary work and there are at least three new investigators at church that they have invited every week and the bishop is very focused on missionary work too.

I love being a missionary still! And not to brag or anything, but since my year mark i've gotten pretty good at writing in my journal.

Thats too bad about the Leavitts! Hopefull i will see them again one day, i need to thank them again. Apparently they came on their missions just to take care of me and elder starita and geisler and as soon as we left they did too!

Hmm, i guess i've kinda been slacking on the pictures lately. I'll see what i can do next week.

Ok well I love you all! Have a good week!

Elder Bertoch

No comments:

Post a Comment