In the MTC - Sam is kneeling down in front on the left pointing to the Ivory Coast in West Africa

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 14, 2010

He didn't hear from us because we got home late the night before from a family reunion in North Carolina and decided to get up early in the morning and write him. I sat down to e-mail him at 6:00 a.m. and his e-mail had arrived at 5:00 a.m. I don't remember ever getting an e-mail that early from him. It only figures.

Hey family!
Didnt hear from ya this week but its no big deal...i'm actually surprised that its the first time thats happened, its been a year! You're probably having a blast in North Carolina and heck, who nows if there is even the internet up there???
So how has the family reunion been? Has the weather been good? Is it even possible to have fun without me there???
Also, I got the third package, the one with the shirts in them! Thanks! They are kinda big on me but here in Africa style is not really too important. Thanks again! Loved the photos more than anything!
This week went by pretty fast. I'm actually feeling like lately we've just been teaching the same people who are not progressing so i think this week we are going to focus on finding new, better investigators. In fact, nothing really changed or happened this last week. I did splits in the other area, so it was interesting seeing how the other missionaries teach and how their investigators progress. I did three more baptismal interviews too which is always a cool experience. The world cup started last friday and everyone here is going crazy so its been more difficult to get rendez vous too haha. Soccer is life here in Africa. I guess the Ivory Coast plays tommorow so all of the Ivorian missionaries are super excited.
Well, President is probably in Benin right now. We have our interviews tonight and then zone conference tommorow so that should be exciting. I'll be sure to let you know if anything good happens haha.
Well I love you all! I hope to hear from you next week! Have fun in N. Carolina!
Elder Bertoch

No comments:

Post a Comment