In the MTC - Sam is kneeling down in front on the left pointing to the Ivory Coast in West Africa

Friday, August 20, 2010

July 26, 2010

Moving on to the Ivory Coast!!

Hey again!
Wow, sounds like the Leavitts filled you all in on all the news so I dont have to write anything this week!
So I'm transferred to Cote d'Ivoire on Friday. More specifically I'll be going to the zone of Niangon in Niangon 3 ward. I'm still district leader and i'll be living with Elder Starita which should be pretty cool (we are just inseperable). My companions name is Elder Boti, he's an ivorian. I'm pretty excited, i always like change. It is pretty weird that the whole district here got transferred, first time i'd ever heard of that happening, although the whole mission got pretty redone(a lot of missionaries got sent home early recently). So anyway, I'll be showing the new elder my area this week until i leave. I think the investigators will survive the change just fine.
On a related note, i will need some money in my account to buy some things before i go. Like forty dollars will be good. I also hope i get your packages before i leave.
We all said goodbye to everyone yesterday at church. They were all pretty sad. I took some pictures that i'll try to get to you.
Also, the couple invited us over to eat at their house last week which was extremely delicious and nice. I dont know how i'm going to survive without them! They are what i will miss most about Benin, they do so much for us missionaries.
Well, sorry i didnt really write much this week! I guess i'm just really preoccupied right now so that even though i didnt really write anything, it took me forever. I have mixed feelings about going, i've really grown to love this branch, but i'm excited to see new things. I'll let you know about how everything has is different next week!
Love you all!
Elder Bertoch

No comments:

Post a Comment