In the MTC - Sam is kneeling down in front on the left pointing to the Ivory Coast in West Africa

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September 14, 2009

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all your emails! I'll do my best to reply.

Sounds like everything is going great back home! Thats great about BYU! It figures that the first season I miss will be amazing. Oh well. Keep me updated. Dont think we'll have any trouble with Florida St at home.

As far as I can tell, you get transferred here about every 3-5 months, usually 5. I'll probably spend about 5 months or so here in Togo and then another 5 in Benin, and then I'll finish my last year in Cote D'Ivoire. Or at least that seems to be the general pattern.

We meet in a building about a 15 minute walk form our apt. Its pretty much a big house turned into a church building. There is a big room for sacrament meeting and then about 4 individual rooms for the other classes. Its pretty nice for Africa, the only problem is we dont have a microphone so it pretty hard to here in sacrament meeting but thats not too bad.

We dont have a font at our branch but there is one at Tokoin so everyone goes there every two weeks for one big baptismal ceremonie for all the branches.

Dang, Aspen, Disneyland, Tennis Tournament- Did you purposely wait for me to have a bunch of fun? :)

Tell Sean and Jonnie good luck for me. They should have fun in the MTC.

This week has been really good. We've really focused on our baptismal canidates this week. We have 5 who are ready, but one's mom refuses to let him get baptized so we're going to talk to her this week. She only speaks the native togo language (a lot of people here dont speak much french so we bring members to help translate) so we're planning on bringing a sister to help us. I'll let you know how that goes.

Besides him (Yve), we should baptize Grace and Aseine ( brother sister), Gabriel (Yve's friend) and Akouvi (member referral, so I'm really excited.

Anyways, still loving life. I've really gotten to know and love all the people here, members and investigators, and I get more confident in my french everyday. Elder Kouakou put me in charge of the cell phone now, so sometimes its harder to understand but I'm getting there.

Thanks for everying! I cant wait to hear from you again next week!

Love,
Elder Bertoch

No comments:

Post a Comment