In the MTC - Sam is kneeling down in front on the left pointing to the Ivory Coast in West Africa

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

September 20, 2010

Hey family!

Loved to hear that you all had a great week! That spider is pretty dang cool. Jackson, whats with your hair?! I would never have hair that long.

Another great week for me too. Wednesday and thursday morning i had leadership meetings to go to. They were pretty interesting, we are being trained on a new way to do weekly planning. We also did zone reports and out zone is at the top so far for the month of september which is nice. Saturday we baptized two investigators, Guy and Innocent which was pretty cool. They are both in their twenties and are super nice. They will be good for the ward. We've been having a lot of success lately, sunday we had 18 investigators at church and this saturday we are going to baptize four more people. Well, actually Elder Aiba will baptize four more people because a got the call saturday night that I am transferred wednesday to Koumassi to be zone leader. My new companion is Elder Kuiongbé whos pretty cool, he actually trained Elder Cunningham. Anyway, so like with every transfer i am full of mixed feelings, excited to go work in a new area but sad to say goodbye to all the people that i have grown to love here.

Other than that, not too much happened. Tomorrow we have zone conference with President again so that is always exciting.

The elections for cote divoire are comming up at the end of october so there are a bunch of precautions with the missionaries now. For the moment we just have to be home by 7 pm. The 25 of october all of the non ivorian missionaries are going to be grouped together in an appartment for a couple of weeks. Like i said, just precautions, there is nothing serious that is going on. I am just annoyed cuz thats going to make baptizing people kinda difficult. I only have eight and a half months left!

Ok well thats all i got for this week! Love ya all!

Elder Bertoch

This is an afterthought to our question about his mentioning last week that he was a "little" sick: haha i had malaria but it wasnt that bad. I had a fever of like 102.5 so i went to the hospital, they did the malaria test, gave me the medicine and sent me home the same night with orders to rest for three days. By the next day i was feeling pretty much fine again. You guys dont have to worry about me, nothin can take me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment