In the MTC - Sam is kneeling down in front on the left pointing to the Ivory Coast in West Africa

Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2, 2009
This is Sam's car which sits in front of the house while he is gone. It got a little bit of snow on it last week.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Hey again! Hows everyone doing? The snow sounds crazy...I cant even imagine a snow flake let alone 2 ft here.

Sounds like halloween was fun, Jack! But you got sick again? C'mon! You gotta stay healthy little bum. No more candy for you, only vegetables.

I have not gottin my package yet but I think I should probably get it this week. I'm so excited! Thats too bad you missed the couples call, they gonna try to call back? I think the couple will just skype you, from what i understand, for christmas you can just buy some phone cards and call the cell phone I have or something. I'll look into that.

Have you gotten my pictures yet? I think they should probably get there this week, things get back to the US faster than they come here. I hope you get them!

I've gotten emails from a few friends and a some letters too. It actually just started raining more last week, busted out the rain coat, umbrella and hat haha. They worked well and I just had to hop from stepping stone to stepping stone, it was fun. It is actually freakin expensive for a white person to get his hair cut here, they dont know how to do it, so I just bought clippers at the supermarket for cheap and do it myself (usually a one or two, Pres likes our hair verrrry short). I would love the conference ensign! In fact, do you think I could get three? There are two english speaking families in my branch who didnt understand conference at all, it was only in french. Haha I never get sick. I'm just naturally immune to everything, superior genes. I dont think Togo or Benin are much different healthwise though. I'm actually planning on trying to take our money later today, so I'll let you know how that goes!

I'm already excited for my Christmas package too! I cant really think of anything I need except maybe a new watch? Nothing too expensive or anything, just something that would last...the cheap one I bought in the Mtc is already falling apart, big surprise.

Ok, so all the changes finally happened this last week. I got a new companion, it's Elder Halterman, Bro Albrechtson's nephew. He's really cool and works really hard so we're gonna get a long great. Hes from Draper and has been here six weeks longer than me. The whole you have to be companions with an African thing is falling apart in Togo...there are three companionships now that are all white. I think its because of the elections that are going on in Cote Divoire right now, they're keeping as many of the white missionaries out as they can for the moment. In fact, our whole appartment/district is american right now, haha. It should be a lot of fun, we get a long great. E Halterman and I are ready to work hard and baptise like crazy here, the last few days I've been showing him our sector. The only thing that might get in the way of our friendship is that he is a Utah fan...extremely disappointing.

Well thats about it. Yesterday we had all the members in Togo come to our branch in Hedzranawoe to watch two sessions of Gen Conference, it was good. There were not enough chairs for the first session though so I missed that one (missionaries stood outside). From what I saw, it was really good! We're having zone conference again next tuesday, the 8th. I'm excited, Elder Dixon (Dickson?) of the 70 is going to be there with us. That should be really good.

Anyway, thats all I got! Have a great week! I love you all and I cant wait to talk again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment