In the MTC - Sam is kneeling down in front on the left pointing to the Ivory Coast in West Africa

Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday, October 5, 2009

Hey!

Dang what's with everyone back there??? I mean, I knew it would be hard for you all to survive without me, but you're being kinda ridiculous. Jackson, stop getting pneumonia. Mom, get some sleep. Dad, work out your ankles or something, they break too easily. Although I doubt that kept you from still dirtbiking the rest of the day.

Thats sad about Buster. Give him a hug for me.

General Conference sounds like it was great! We dont get to watch it here, we have to wait for the dvd or the ensign but I cant wait to hear what everyone said.

Ok, faith promoting experience. Well, good news this week: Yve's mom, who wouldn't even let us talk to her or let Yve come to church suddenly decided he could come and get baptized! That was out of nowhere but I really made my day yesterday. He missed the baptismal cerimony saturday so he'll get baptized the 17th which is great! It really shows how our Heavenly Father knows each of his children and will always work to help them recieve the gospel.

Zone conference is this friday. It should be interesting, there will most likely be a lot of changes. I'll be staying here but Elder Kouakou now has over 5 months here and Elder Bowman has about four so most likely one of them will be going. I'll let you know what happens with that next monday.

At church we usually just attend the different classes unless they ask us to do something. For example yesterday we taught the relief society the importance of visiting teaching because nobody does it. Each second sunday is missionary sunday where us and the ward missionaries are in charge of everything; we give the talks and teach the classes. But mostly at church we help our investigators be comfortable.

Goals that we've set...we set goals each week for number of lessons and all that. ONe main goal we have is to use the members more. We've been working on getting a lot of referals from them and also teaching with members. Missionary work is automaically more effective when the members are involved.

Haha yes I do my best to get up at 6 and exercise almost every morning. I'm in better shape than I've ever been and I'm in Africa haha.

I'm not sure when the rainy season starts but it will be welcome. Its been scorching hot lately and its only getting hotter.

Ok well I'll write you again next week and let you know about all the changes! I love you all! Thank you so much! Feel better!

Elder Bertoch

No comments:

Post a Comment